Spectrum Health Care is hiring a Human Resources Generalist to support our Mississauga office. This is an in office role and will work out of our Mississauga office.
The Human Resources Generalist is an integral member of the Spectrum Human Resources team and is responsible for providing organizational support to all functional areas of HR including but not limited to, recruitment and selection, new employee orientation, salary and benefits administration, training and development, employee relations, health and safety, HR administration of policies, procedures and programs. This role will contribute to the achievement of Spectrum’s strategic goals relating to people by participating in special HR projects and other related initiatives.
At Spectrum Health Care our mission is re-imagining home care for clients and families to provide products and services they need, whenever care is required, delivered by the most qualified and compassionate staff.
Our people are the cornerstone of our business. By joining Spectrum Health Care you will be part of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies and a committed member of a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals.
- Provide coaching, guidance and advice related to human resources management, taking into account best practices and trends, and ensuring that decisions and management practices are made in compliance with legislation and company values
- Act as a change agent to support critical business initiatives and support leaders in all elements of effective change management.
- Lead investigations on employee and labour relations issues
- Drive the recruitment and selection process for assigned roles to attract high caliber talent in a way that continues to build organizational effectiveness
- Contribute to continuous improvements & best practices to influence human resources strategies
- Support the rollout of various HR programs and initiatives
- Influence and empower leaders to accelerate the growth and development of their teams
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee off-boarding.
- Manage orientation process for new employees including the development and execution of information sessions
- Input and maintain accurate employee data including personal employee information, compensation, job, termination, and performance review status, etc.
- Liaise with Payroll and IT on employee changes, new hires and terminations
- Supports managers and employees with performance management program, development plans and goal setting throughout the year
- 3+ years progressive experience in a Human Resources role
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certification in Human Resources Management
- CHRP in progress or completed
- Working knowledge of Canadian HR legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Previous experience with a HRIS & ATS
Spectrum Health Care is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This award recognizes top companies across Canada for overall performance, sustained growth, strategy, capabilities and innovation, culture and commitment, and leadership. Click here to learn more about this esteemed honour.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (email@example.com) for assistance.
Spectrum Health Care is committed to fostering, cultivating and building a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization. We strive to attract, engage and develop a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that we serve and we know a diverse workforce is key to the growth and success of our organization.