Afternoon and Night Shifts Available
Competitive start rate based on experience!
Location: Steeles and Weston Road
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in!
We are growing and need several Heavy Equipment Operators to join our team at our Fenmar site. You will be trained to operator various pieces of equipment, process and prepare recycled metals for shipment to our customers who will use as raw material in the production of new goods. We offer a team environment that values your work as equal and never forgotten.
Now that you know about us, we want to know more about you! We are looking for someone who can:
- Safely operate heavy equipment to compact, process, sort and move material
- Load material into baler, operate baler controls
- Prepare and load material in containers, trucks and rail cars for shipments
- General Housekeeping of Yard
We think it would be awesome if you have:
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification
- Previous experience with Loader, Excavator or other Heavy Equipment is an asset
- Strong English communication skills
A few super cool things about us…
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
- CMI’s culture of learning, with opportunities to advance.
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us.
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are TTC accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue and Weston Road in North York. A 15-20-minute bus ride from Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York and an 10-15-minute bus ride from Highway 407 Subway Station in Vaughan.
Stay connected! For new job opportunities and company updates, follow us on Indeed, LinkedIn and Facebook!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process. *
Job Type: Full-time
- Address Toronto