Salary: $26.55 – $33.19 per hour(based on experience and qualifications)
Reporting to the Manager of Health Records Services at UHN, the Health Records Analyst utilizes his/her knowledge of Health Information Management practices, creating statistical reports, Health Records Scorecard and project management skills including the following specific accountabilities:
- Analyzes workflow and process within the area of health records by improving efficiencies and reducing operating budget expenditures. Examples include: methods or systems to reduce and/or automate existing manual processes within the department.
- Works closely with Management and UHN DIGITAL staff supporting the Chart Completion, Release of Information, Chart Tracking and Scanning applications when any database upgrades or changes are made.
- Assists the Supervisors with monthly departmental statistical analysis and reporting.
- Assisting with chart completion functions.
- Generating and analyzing chart completion reports; distributing weekly email reminders and monthly letters to MD´s and monitoring and managing the chart completion mail box.
- Responsibilities may include, attending meetings related to Health Records Service.
- Works with Management to update and document policies, procedures and processes related to UHN Health Records as needed.
- Works with the Supervisors to coordinate and manage Co-op student and volunteer activities including attending meetings with Volunteer Services and external program coordinators and tracking and updating volunteer schedules.
- Assists the Supervisors in organizing and conducting department meetings, planning sessions and workshops.
- Provides support for UHN Health Records management as needed.
- Participates in establishment and completion of annual goals and objectives for Health Records Services.
- Maintains effective interpersonal skills to work with physicians, co-workers and staff in a positive co-operative manner.
- Successfully completed an approved Health Information Management Program and a current member of CHIMA
- Knowledgeable with various legislation eg. PHIPPA, ECFA, PHA, FIPPA, MHA, etc.
- Expert use of computer software applications and peripheral equipment eg. Windows, Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, WinRecs/Med2020 and Nuance EMon report writer
- Expert in Crystal Report Writing
- Effective interpersonal, written and communication skills, with an ability to set priorities in a busy work environment.
- Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a computerized Health Care Management Environment would be an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.