Job Posting #907362
Position: Health Care Assistant, Primary Care
Site: Toronto Western Hospital – Garrison Creek Site, 928 St. Clair Avenue West Toronto
Department: Family Health Team
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week; Monday to Friday Days; On Occasion, Evenings and Weekends; Must be available to work all Shifts as required
Status: Temporary Full Time (+12 months)
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create, and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Family Health Teams are interdisciplinary team based primary health care organizations that provide comprehensive family health care services for their community.
- Offers a wide range of programs and services: including health promotion services, chronic disease management programs, home based care program, and obstetrical care services
- Is highly engaged in the training of medical students, residents and other health professional trainees and active in a range of research initiatives
- Has partnerships with over 20 community organizations to collaborate in the planning and delivery of services to a wide range of programs and population groups
- Has an extensive focus on patient safety and quality improvement
The Health Care Assistant, Primary Care provides an essential support role to the care of patients in a primary care setting. Working with an interprofessional team in a Family Health Team (FHT) model, the principal responsibilities of the Health Care Assistant, Primary Care include Working collaboratively with members of the team in providing support to patient care and clinic flow; Assisting with clinic day-to-day functions and ensuring clinic supplies are ordered, functioning and available. Assisting with preparation for clinical visits.
- At minimum, completion of High School
- Recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate or recognized equivalent required (Healthcare Assistant and / or Healthcare Aide certificate)
- Current registration with the Ontario PSW registry required
- Completion of a Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S) program
- At minimum Up to and including 1 year practical and related experience and/or 6 months on-the-job training required
- Working in a healthcare setting (primary care setting preferred)
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to lift over 20lbs
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated to use good judgement
- Ability to speak another language an asset
- Working with a diverse community population
Posted Date: October 6, 2022, Closing Date: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.