WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Senior Maintenance Manager who has worked in a GMP or 22716 regulated environment. You will have experience with managing large technical teams with empathy. Must have ensured that filling machines and kettles are maintained and run safely. Must have CAPEX as well as be proficient with Inventory and Warehouse Management systems.
This role will be based out of our Eastside Facility in Etobicoke,
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Direct efficient maintenance and safe operation of all equipment in compliance with company policy and government regulations
- Assure lines are mechanically capable of meeting company standard rates, and reliability, and improve uptime
- Drives plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and promoting efficiency with effort, optimal service, safety, and costs in mind
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment meets company standard rates, reliability, and safety
- Execute the facility’s strategic plan by determining the department’s capital investment needs for machinery and technology, as well as employee development needs
- Establish KPIs and identify skills required to improve maintenance team efficiency and conduct a gap analysis to improve department performance
- Optimize the spare parts inventory by utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance tools and strategy
- Ensure all core competency training is completed according to policy
- Assist with the successful commercialization of new products through communication with Operations, QA & R&D
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Previous experience using TPM and RCM will be considered a strong asset
- Strong analytical, financial/budgetary, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of process/automation equipment related to Cosmetics/Pharma is an asset or experience in advanced manufacturing practices in other industries such as Food Industry, CPG, or automotive will be considered
- 7+ years of hands-on maintenance and implementation experience, utilizing computerized maintenance systems is required
- 4+ years of people management and/or leadership experience are required
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Monthly catered lunches and chances to connect with your teammates.
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3