Hellenic Home for the Aged Inc. is looking for a full-time Handy Person/Painter
- Maintenance and servicing of equipment, furnishings, fixtures and outside grounds.
- General maintenance around the facility (i.e. mechanical) repairs, patchwork, painting, plumbing and minor electrical work.
- Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting, installing wallpaper and other redecorating tasks.
- Must adhere to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety and environment and infection control.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or delegate.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to read and write the English language.
- Experience in patchwork, painting and wallpapering preferred
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledgeable about WHMIS, OH & S
- AODA trained
- High School Diploma
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift