Summerhill Market is looking for an Experienced Manager to join our growing company.
Job Type: Full-time
Summerhill Market is Toronto’s best boutique grocery chain, with three locations in the city and another location opening later this year. We pride ourselves on providing top quality grocery, meat, deli, pastry, produce and floral items with excellent customer service. Our company is expanding and looking for highly competent professionals to join our team.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits (based on experience)
Positions Supervised Directly: 10 – 15
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a grocery retail or hospitality industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Manager;
- A strong leadership ability, with a philosophy consistent with a hands-on approach to managing your team;
- A passion for food and a keen interest in expanding that knowledge.
The Grocery Manager is responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day operations of the grocery department. This includes developing strategies to improve customer service, prioritizing duties to grocery associates, and working to ensure stock levels remain filled. The Grocery Manager ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. They also ensure that all products and displays are merchandised effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day grocery operations including: stocking shelves, placing orders with vendors, reviewing invoices, managing grocery associates and providing mentoring;
- Responsible for ordering, inventory and waste monitoring;
- Merchandising product displays;
- Optimizing sales and service through direct customer interaction as well as providing coaching and management of their team’s sales and service tasks;
- Handle product damages and credits according to company policy;
- Meet with upper management on a regular basis and provide information and advise on any department issues including staffing issues, customer issues, merchandising opportunities and forecasting;
- Human resource management, including: hiring, training and the handling of any disciplinary issues that may arise;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers with regard to new product implementation, samplings, establishing deals and receiving the best possible prices and rebates;
- Must be able to work any and all shifts, working a varied schedule in order to have the best overview of department operations. This means the ability to work weekends & holidays, openings & closings as necessary;
- Ensure all health and safety standards are met.
- Friendly and pleasant personality with exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- Creative, with the ability to plan and prepare new offerings exclusive to Summerhill Market;
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to deliver written and oral instructions and procedures;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Gmail;
- A general understanding of POS software would be an asset;
- WHMIS and Health and Safety training an asset.
$18-20/hour negotiable depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Grocery or Hospitality: 5 years (Required)
- Manager : 3 years (Required)