Layfield is looking to add local experienced Geomembrane Installation Technicians to our Ontario Construction team.
Deploying out of our Vaughan location, this full-time, permanent position will require extensive travel to job sites located primarily throughout Eastern Canada.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists with and/or directs the deployment of materials
- Assists with and/or directs the installation, welding and/or sewing of geomembranes/liners & environmental containment systems
- Operates plastic fusion welding equipment used in the installation process, such as wedge welders, leisters, tensiometers, etc. and other of basic hand tools
- Helps identify recommendations for process/equipment improvements
- Assists with the training of crew members
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Geomembrane Installation Technicians will have at least 1 years’ industry experience.
- Be able and willing to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time up to 24 days
- Be adaptable to changing schedules
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Works well within a team environment
- Be a safety focused individual
- Possesses good analytical skills and uses sound judgment to resolve issues.
- Have a valid Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- Have the following valid safety tickets: Worker Health and Safety Awareness in Four Steps, WHMIS. Having First Aid and/or Working at Heights would be considered an asset.
- Be able to successfully pass pre-employment test as a requirement for site specific access
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems (daily food allowance)
- Accommodations supplied or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- All PPE provided
- Steel Toed Boot Allowance Policy
- Transportation provided from deployment location to and from work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Progression system/ On the job training provided
Job Type: Full-time