GENERAL MANAGER, GREATER TORONTO AREA (GTA)
Reporting to the Market Vice President, the General Manager, GTA will assume full profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities for the Toronto and Brampton divisions of Wasteco, a subsidiary of Republic Services Group.
The General Manager, GTA is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operations and providing leadership and direction for designated areas of responsibility including operations, office and administration, dispatchers, drivers, mechanics and the shop. The goal of this role is to effectively and efficiently manage and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building internal and external relationships that ensure the integration of strategic plan initiatives with company operations.
· Responsible for employee morale, engagement, and culture.
· Responsible for driving sales growth through net new business initiatives.
· Assists with market intelligence and pricing strategy to optimize asset utilization.
· Leads by example and promotes teamwork and collaboration between team to ensure operational results.
· Responsible for customer satisfaction, resolution of complaints, and tracking trends impacting business.
· Analyzes route statistics and works collaboratively with team to address issues and concerns.
· Plans routes and rerouting for creating efficiencies and reducing unnecessary overtime.
· Ensures compliance and remains current with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
· Maintains and sets example for exemplary and professional driver communications.
· Examines reports to determine operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
· Ensures all team members adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· Maintains regular communication with maintenance regarding the availability of equipment.
· Responsible for employee and labour relations, including performance management, disciplinary action where required, union-management relations, grievance administration, and works in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
· Actively participates in all Health and Safety Committee meetings.
· Conducts customer engagement visits on a regular basis.
· Oversees the management and direction of the daily activities and provides support as needed.
· Other duties and/or projects as may be assigned by the Market Vice-President.
- 7-10 years’ experience in managing teams and experience in customer service.
- Direct management experience in the Waste/ Recycling or related sector a strong asset.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in operations, logistics, and business development.
- Strong understanding of applicable laws and regulations specifically MTO and Waste Haulage industry.
- Bachelor’s degree level education or higher is an asset.
Please see job description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, April 21, 2023.
Wasteco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are happy to provide accommodations upon request for candidates taking place at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M6A 1Y7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Experience managing in a unionized workplace?
- Management: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-21