GENERAL MANAGER, Barrie
Reporting to the Market Vice President, the General Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operations and providing leadership and direction for the Barrie operation office team, dispatchers, drivers, mechanics and shop. The goal of this role is to effectively and efficiently manage and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building internal and external relationships that ensure the integration of strategic plan initiatives with company operations.
- Responsible for building and maintaining employee morale, engagement, and positive culture.
- Leads by example, promotes teamwork and collaboration between the team to ensure operational results.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, resolution of complaints, and tracking trends impacting business.
- Analyzes route statistics and works collaboratively with team to address issues and concerns.
- Plans routes and rerouting for creating efficiencies and reducing unnecessary overtime.
- Ensures compliance and remains current with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Maintains and sets example for exemplary and professional driver communications.
- Oversees and coordinates FEL container delivery and maintenance.
- Pro-actively sub-contracts any stops that are off regular routes to ensure on-time performance.
- Examines reports to determine operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
- Ensures all team members adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Leads investigations and completes paperwork for all property damage and WSIB.
- Monitors driver safety bonuses, completes employee onboarding, and driver observation forms.
- Maintains regular communication with maintenance regarding the availability of equipment.
- Responsible for employee disciplinary action where required, and works in consultation with HR.
- Actively participates in all Health and Safety Committee meetings and produces minutes.
- Conducts customer site visits when required.
- Oversees the management and direction of the daily activities and provides support as needed.
- 5-7 years’ experience in managing teams and experience in customer service.
- Proven track record in building cohesive teams through communication, listening, and building trust.
- Demonstrated experience in operations, logistics, and business development.
- Strong understanding of applicable laws and regulations specifically MTO and Waste Haulage industry.
- Experience in the Waste Management industry is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental management or equivalent is an asset.
Please see job description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com by no later than Friday, May 5th, 2023.
Wasteco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are happy to provide accommodations upon request for candidates taking place at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4N 8Y4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Experience managing in a unionized workplace?
- Management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-05