There’s nothing general about these general labour jobs
Afternoon and Day Shifts Available
3:00pm until 11:30pm Monday to Friday
7:00am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday
General Labour/Production Operators
Pay Rate: $17.00 and up based upon experience
Location: Keele and Langstaff – Vaughan – Brand New Plant
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
As CMI continues to grow we are looking for passionate people to join our Operations team. Be a part of a respectful work environment where your opinion is valued. At CMI safety is our number one priority and is everyone’s responsibility. Work in a team-based setting where we will help you to develop and grow in the industry. Join us, in our brand new, state of the art facility with new modern equipment and machinery!
Working in a team environment, you will be involved with the shipping, receiving and processing of recycled metal as well as general housekeeping of the yard.
- Sort material according to type and grades, using new modern equipment
- Upgrade material, to provide a higher profit value
- Prepare material for shipment
- Move and stock material with material handling equipment (forklift), we will train you on forklift if not experienced
- Be an extra helping hand with general housekeeping requirements
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Previous experience in an industrial facility is an asset
- Previous forklift experience is an asset
- Good English communication skills
- Posses the desire and ability to learn
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
- Brand-new state of the art facility (150,000 square feet)
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Keele and Langstaff in Concord. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York and a 10-15-minute bus ride from Rutherford GO Station in Vaughan.
Driving to work? We have ample on-site parking for employees.
Stay connected! For new job opportunities and company updates, follow us on Indeed, LinkedIn and Facebook!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet you needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees and visitors are required to complete daily self-assessment questionnaire for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to the yard/ offices.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place