There’s nothing general about this general labour job!
General Labour / Production Operators
Pay Rate: From $17.00 and up based upon experience
Location: 129 Fenmar Drive, North York, ON
Shifts: 7:00am to 4:00pm OR 9:30am to 6:00pm some weekend work required
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
As CMI continues to grow we are looking for passionate people to join our Operations team. Be a part of a respectful work environment where your opinion is valued. At CMI safety is our number one priority and is everyone’s responsibility. Work in a team-based setting where we will help you to develop and grow in the industry. Join us, in our brand new, state of the art facility with new modern equipment and machinery!
Working in our outdoor public receiving yard in a collaborative team environment, you will be providing the highest levels of customer service and advising customers on metal grades and providing tickets. You will also be involved in general housekeeping of the yard.
· Deliver the highest levels of customer service as customers enter the yard
· Receive material and advise customers on type and grade
· Answer customer questions and assist with any inquiries as required
. Manual sorting of material
· Be an extra helping hand with general housekeeping requirements
· Demonstrate attention to detail
· Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Previous experience in an industrial facility is an asset
· Previous customer service experience is an asset
· Previous experience working outdoors is a bonus
· Good English communication skills
· Posses the desire and ability to learn
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
· Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
· Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
· Uniforms and Laundering Service
· Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
· On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
· Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us.
· A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
· A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue & Weston Road in North York. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York.
Stay connected! For new job opportunities and company updates, follow us on Indeed, LinkedIn and Facebook!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet you needs in all stages of the hiring process. *
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift