There’s nothing general about these general labour jobs
General Labour/Production Operators
Pay Rate: Starting Rates from $18.00 to $23.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Location: Keele and Langstaff – Vaughan – Brand New Plant
Day and Afternoon Shifts Available
Afternoons: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm Monday to Friday
Days: 7:00am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
As CMI continues to grow we are looking for passionate people to join our Operations team. Be a part of a respectful work environment where your opinion is valued. At CMI safety is our number one priority and is everyone’s responsibility. Work in a team-based setting where we will help you to develop and grow in the industry. Join us, in our brand new, state of the art facility with new modern equipment and machinery!
With starting rates from $18-$23/hour based on your experience & qualifications, you will be working in a team environment and you will be involved with the shipping, receiving and processing of recycled metal as well as general housekeeping of the yard.
- Sort material according to type and grades, using new modern equipment
- Upgrade material, to provide a higher profit value
- Prepare material for shipment
- Move and stock material with material handling equipment (forklift), we will train you on forklift if not experienced
- Be an extra helping hand with general housekeeping requirements
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Previous experience in an industrial facility is an asset
- Previous forklift experience is an asset
- Good English communication skills
- Posses the desire and ability to learn
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
- Brand-new state of the art facility (150,000 square feet)
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- An inclusive, friendly and multi-cultural environment
- Progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Keele and Langstaff in Concord. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York and a 10-15-minute bus ride from Rutherford GO Station in Vaughan. We will reimburse for York Region Transit if you need to pay a double fare.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday