There’s nothing general about these general labour jobs!
Currently located at 505 Garyray Drive in North York, ON
Moving to Keele & Langstaff, Summer 2020
$17.00 – $18.00 per hour start rate based upon experience
Continental Night Shift > 6:00pm to 6:00am:
· Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (first week)
· Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (second week)
**Training to start on afternoon shift for first 3 months > 3:00pm to 11:30pm (M-F)**
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
CMI is looking for General Labour / Production Associates to join our Operations team. Working outdoors, in a team environment, you will be involved with the shipping, receiving and processing of recycled metal as well as general housekeeping of the yard.
Now that you know about us, we want to know more about you! We are looking for someone who can and has:
· Sort material according to type and grades
· Interact with customers as required
· Use processing equipment to prepare recycled metals for shipment
· Be an extra helping hand with all general labour requirements
· Work outside in a variety of weather conditions
We think it would be awesome if you have:
· Previous experience working outdoors
· Previous experience in an industrial facility
· Previous Counterbalance Forklift Experience / Forklift License (an asset)
· Previous experience working with customers and providing high levels of service
· Strong English communication skills
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
· A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
· CMI’s culture of learning, with opportunities to advance.
· Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us.
· A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are TTC accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue and Weston Road in North York. A 15-20-minute bus ride from Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York and an 10-15-minute bus ride from Highway 407 Subway Station in Vaughan.
Stay connected!For new job opportunities and company updates, follow us on Indeed, LinkedIn and Facebook!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet you needs in all stages of the hiring process. *
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 Hour Shift
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- Address Toronto