At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you’ll pursue a career with us!
With annual sales of approximately $16 billion, Metro Inc. is a leader in food and pharmacy which provides employment to close to 90,000 people. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we’ve grown to 600 supermarkets and 650 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team’s drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers! The Grocery Department on 2010 Appleby Line, Burlington ON is waiting for you!
- Adhere to department’s assigned budget
- Manages and directs activities pertaining to department staff, including training, coaching and scheduling
- Responsible for ensuring products meet fresh standards
- Ensures proper ordering, purchasing and inventory control, develops and implements strategic plans to achieve projected gross margin
- Deals directly with suppliers in store line-ups, responsible for building displays
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures including Customer Service Policy, government regulations, health & safety, sanitation, security etc.
- Support with overall store operation including store opening and closing
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
- Grocery experience which includes excellent product knowledge, rotation and merchandising experience
- Superior customer service skills
- Available to work days, evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.