The Grocery Clerk is responsible for keeping the store shelves within the grocery area of the store properly stocked and displayed for sale to customers. They are also involved in servicing customers in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
- Assists with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the products carried and the display of products within the department. May also be involved in building end displays, seasonal displays, etc.
- May assist with managing and directing the staff of the department, particularly in the absence of the Department Head/ Manager, or Assistant Department Head/ Chief Clerk.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests regarding product information and location within store.
- May be assigned to various areas within the store including grocery, non-food, frozen food, dairy, etc.
- May be assigned to do re-lines within the department, receive orders and put away stock, bale cardboard, provide customer service, carry-outs, and collecting buggies, and assist on the front end as required.
- May be assigned to receive orders either from our Distribution Centres, or shipped direct from suppliers. In this capacity, the Grocery clerk must ensure back door controls are maintained, product received matches invoices and is received in good condition, and then is stored/put away appropriately.
- May be assigned to maintain scanning / price integrity within the store.
- May be assigned to cleaning up spills in the aisles, sweeping store and back rooms, cleaning shelves as required.
- Assists the Department Manager in the overall successful operation of the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/ Manager, Assistant Department Head/ Chief Clerk, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Customer service driven
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good product knowledge and attention to detail
Internally has regular contact with the Department Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, other store employees. Externally, has extensive contact with customers.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$20.55 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift