It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey. At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect, and integrity.
About the role:
The Front-End Developer will support the execution of nationally driven store support programs around technology and web content for various OSL programs. Reporting to the Field Support Manager and working closely with the Sales and Operations Team, as well as various internal and external partners, the Front-End Developer will support the team in developing and streamlining end user experience in both field and head office operations.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Participate in developing end user web applications for use in both Mobile and PC
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability with a simple UI
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Support in-field security and technology maintenance / support plan for the OSL Retail environment
- Collaborate and support the field team and peers nationally
- Supports and responds to IT issues, programming, and developer support
- Partners with the Sales Team to train on web tools i.e. Operational Processes, Loss Prevention, Product Knowledge, etc.
- Partners with HR in all employee change processes to ensure all company records are current
- Collaborate with Training to create new training and support tools
- Maintenance and upkeep of the online database(s)
- College or university diploma or degree in computer science, or related discipline, and or 3-5 years equivalent
- Firm understanding of database management with proficiency in networking structures and diagnostics to help in end-user troubleshooting
- Self-motivated and disciplined with high attention to detail and maintaining high accuracy of work
- Experience in developing or working with drag and drop tools (WYSIWYG)
- Experience building cross-browser, responsive, and scalable HTML and CSS
- Understanding and integration with web services, web standards and technologies (ex. REST, JSON and XML)
- Eye for design, UI look and feel
- Understanding of support for native application on both Android and iOS
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows Operating Systems
What’s in it for you:
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus, employee development programs, 3 weeks’ vacation and other comprehensive benefits. If you’re excited to be a member of our team, please apply now.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.