Job Posting: #907971
Position: Front Desk Advisor
Department: Registrar’s Office
Site: The Michener Institute
Reports to: Associate Registrar, Records and Registration
Status: Temporary Full-time (June 30, 2023)
Salary: $21.54 – $26.93 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Front Desk Advisor position with The Michener Institute.
Working in the Registrar’s Office, this role serves as the initial first point of contact for prospective students, base program students, continuing education students and other visitors. Responsibilities include providing administrative assistance for appeal hearings, providing administrative support to committees and working groups, assisting with base and continuing education registration and providing administrative assistance to the Registrar. The ideal candidate is able to work independently as well as with an integrated team in a fast-paced environment.
First Point of Contact
- Greets all visitors to the Registrar’s Office (in-person and by telephone)
- Assists with routine inquires and refers as needed
- Maintains the Registrar’s Office general email box
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the Appeal Hearing Process
- Providing administrative support to committees and working groups
- Monitoring and responding to telephone and email inquiries, requests
- Providing administrative assistance to the Registrar
- Minimum education requirement of a college diploma (preference for business management or business administration)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with in a post-secondary institution.
- experience working in a high volume and complex service environment in post-secondary institution will be an asset.
- Excellent Student Service Skills
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with a Student Information System (preferably PowerCampus)
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Experience with Visio
- Ability to manage multiple demands at the same time
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Vaccines (COVID-19) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: October 21, 2022
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health and is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.