As an integral member of the Nutrition Services Department, the responsibilities of the Cold Assembly/Ware washing/NDC FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR includes: providing direct and indirect supervision to staff in Cold Assembly, Ware Washing, Nutrition Distribution Centre and other areas of the Nutrition Service Department; performing a variety of activities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the respective areas; ensuring each area has appropriate food, supplies, and working equipment; maintaining standards of food preparation, quality, quantity, accuracy, service, cleanliness and maintaining inventory control; utilizing CBORD system for purchasing and receiving functions, as required, monitoring Nutrition Services Inventory flow, generating reports for management use, and utilizing CBORD menu management for patient forecasting and recipe testing ensuring on-time food production and transportation; completing employee scheduling; using TCS system for employee payroll, as required, performing educational instruction, quality improvement and resource management responsibilities; maintaining on-going communications with the manager and other key players to ensure information is disseminated in a timely fashion; ensuring staffing issues are addressed following the CUPE collective agreement and information is updated; adheres to Toronto Public Health standards; performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate of an approved Food and Nutrition Management Program at a Community College or a University Graduate of a Food and Nutrition program required
- A Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (C.S.N.M.) or related professional Food Service Association required
- Working towards or completion of a Food Handler Certification Program
- Minimum Two (2) years related recent retail supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation and food safety, therapeutic and allergies knowledge preferred
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office
- Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to focus on priorities and activities to meet the day to day requirements and deadlines
- Knowledge of CBORD computer program preferred- computer literacy required
- Previous experience in a healthcare and unionized environment preferred
POSTED: September 17, 2020 CLOSING DATE: September 24, 2020 by 3:00 p.m.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.