Food Service Supervisor – Part Time Position (22.50 Hours Biweekly)
Belmont House (located near Bay/Bloor) is a charitable, non-profit, Christian home for seniors offering long term care and retirement living. For more than 165 years we have provided quality care to our residents in a safe and stimulating home environment. We are the “Seniors’ Home of Choice” helping our residents maintain independence, choice, dignity and privacy. Belmont House is currently seeking a Food Service Supervisor.
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Food Service Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of the Dietary department including supervising staff, assigning tasks, following budget, ensuring sanitation guidelines are met, reporting all concerns/issues to department head and ensuring the nutritional needs addressed in resident care plans are met. The position could be assigned the early shift (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or late shift (11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.).
· Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition from a recognized college that meets the requirements as outlined by the Long Term Care Act
· Completed a food handler training program
· Previous experience in the food service field is required
· Member of Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (CSNM)
· Previous managerial experience is an asset
· Ability to interact with seniors
· Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English
· Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach
· Ability to learn tasks within a short period of time (will receive on the job training)
· Ability to articulate and demonstrate resident safety strategies
(Other duties may be assigned by the Director)
- Supervise dining room service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and address all questions/inquiries from residents and tenants
- Supervise food production for quality
- Complete QI audits
- Assign duties and responsibilities to the Cook and Dietary Aides and conduct subsequent inspections and follow-ups to ensure all prescribed standards have been met
- Conduct orientation training of new employees and in-service training of other employees to explain company policies, dietary work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Issue supplies, uniforms and equipment to workers
- Complete work schedule for all dietary staff based on needs of department, union rules and department policies and procedures
- Compile, review and submit biweekly payroll for processing
- Record data concerning work assignments, personnel actions and prepare periodic reports
- Ensure that staff use equipment and supplies correctly following manufacturers’ recommendations and established procedures
- Ensure all staff follow Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards
- Order food and operating supplies according to inventory and menu rotation
- Receive incoming goods and ensure products received are accurate and fresh
- Make recommendations to improve department services to ensure more efficient operation.
- Implement and enforce sanitation and safety standards within the department
- Complete admission information and enter it into Point Click Care
- Ensure all resident nutrition plans of care are followed
- Assist with HR functions including recruitment, performance appraisals, collective agreement compliance and progressive discipline where applicable
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the dietary budget
- May prepare reports as assigned by Director of Support Services concerning payroll, department expenses, etc.
- Ensure dietary office is in a neat and tidy manner.
- Carry out all other job related duties assigned by the Director of Support Services.
Belmont House offers a competitive salary.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Socrates Theophylactou, Director, Human Resources & Customer Service
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Day Shift
- Night Shift