Full Job Description
Ya YA Foods Corp. is looking for Food Production Workers in Toronto, ON!
ABOUT YA YA FOODS:
Ya YA Foods Corp. is a dynamic beverage and liquid food manufacturer. With over 30 years experience, we have evolved into a versatile manufacturer and co-packer of a variety of low acid beverages, high acid beverages and liquid food items.
We are looking for Food Production Workers to monitor the flow of finished products from individual packages to boxed packaging, through to the palletizing process. Inspect packaging randomly and at prescribed intervals and conduct hourly checks for codes, sleeves, labels and or straw positioning, and seals.
· Full Time, Permanent – 42 hours a week – 12 hours shifts (Continental Shift)
· Shift Rotation: Day Shift (7 am to 7 pm) for 7 days, and then Night Shift (7 pm to 7 am) for 7 nights on a monthly basis. Shift rotates every 2 weeks.
What You’ll Do as the Production Operators
· Monitor packing lines, including: straw applicator, shrink wrappers, case sealer & date coding equipment.
· Check conveyors prior to production to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
· Follow proper cleaning procedures for all equipment.
· Maintain all equipment and work area in a clean and sanitary condition.
· Alert mechanic if equipment malfunctions and work with them to correct problem.
· Perform work in safe and efficient manner.
· Compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems which includes, but is not limited to Production, Quality, Food Safety & GMP.
· Compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
· High attention to detail is critical.
· Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
· Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work in a fast – paced environment and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Ability to learn multiple pieces of operating equipment and possess an ability to troubleshoot equipment.
· You must be willing to work any shift pattern assigned to you.
· Grade 12 education or equivalent experience.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Adherence to strict GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
· Previous related machine operator experience is an asset.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional manufacturing services and food products to top–notch clients all across North America.
Ya YA Foods celebrates diversity in our workforce. We encourage different perspectives and a working environment that is supportive of all our people – where every employee has the opportunity to realize his or her potential to the fullest. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN #, and valid work permit (if applicable) for the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- Are you available for full-time employment and have a valid work permit?
- Are you comfortable working rotational continental shifts; including alternating weekends?