At Aanch our kitchen is a playground for creative pitches. With freshly selected local produce and constantly inventing creative platters, we offer the best modernistic experience for your guests.
we are looking forward those candidates who have a passion to learn, grow, are dynamic, outgoing and experienced to join our growing team. We need passionate individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment; offer consistent quality service to every guests; and have that positive loving attitude that guests just can’t resist!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in reservation booklet, familiar with frequent guests and knows their names and preferences
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris
- Completing opening and closing duties, ie. daily cleaning FO, stocking outlets, lounge and patio set up and maintenance, dining room preparation, moving and arranging tables and chairs, reservation bookings, confirmations and cancellations, coordinating FOH and BOH with regards to services, guests, allergies, VIPs, etc.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section
- Complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for that day
- Greet guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact;
- Escort guests to assigned area (i.e. restaurant, lounge, dining area)
- Inform Guest of special menus as applicable, and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth hand-off to the service staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Pay attention to guests needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (e.g. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another guest, and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for to-go orders
- Reconcile cash drawer by proving cash transactions; listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders
- Hospitality degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Minimum one (1) year of working experience of upscale Indian restaurant
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact restaurant reviews
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 Hour Shift
- Restaurant Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Serving alcohol
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions