VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Vitafoam Products Canada division is looking for dynamic Foam Plant Workers to support our polyurethane foam manufacturing operation in North York, ON.
Morning Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
The ideal candidate must demonstrate/possess the following skills, abilities and competencies:
- Set up Foam Pouring equipment for production
- Monitor foam production process and ensure smooth operation
- Operate machinery, such as hoists, conveyors and saws
- Handle drums and totes of chemicals as required
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Participate in spill cleanup as a member of the Spill Response Team
- Clean work area and paint work area as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate as a member of unionized environment
- 1-2 years’ of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must successfully meet requirements of pre-employment physical (lung capacity) exam. Required to wear a respirator on the job.
- Must be clean shaven in order to wear resporator
- Must be dependable, trustworthy and value accountability
- Must be able to work day shift from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
VPC Group Inc. is committed to employment equity.
Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
Background checks are required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $20.65 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location