View more 4 weeks ago
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle accounting duties that include customer billing and vendor invoicing, month end accrual & adjusting entries, GL account reconciliation, fixed assets continuity schedule, bank reconciliation and month end foreign currency revaluation.
- Reconcile month end inventory sub-ledger with GL; analyze inventory valuation, PPV and investigate any unusual transactions; monitor inventory aging and follow up obsolete inventory with sales team.
- Review inter-company transactions with related companies; solve the variance and discrepancy if there’s any.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reporting packages; perform preliminary review on financial statements and investigate any exceptional situations and resolve the issues; analyze and compare financial results to history data and budget targets.
- Participate in year-end closing, prepare year end external audit schedules, and respond to various queries and requests from external auditors.
- Ensure HST/GST filling and remittance on a monthly basis.
- Support annual corporate tax filing working schedules, provide related information to external tax consulting firm; ensure the daily transaction and period-end reporting are complied with tax requirements.
- Prepare annual budgeting and projection based on actual data and business assumptions.
- Conduct various analyses as assigned
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting designation is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Accounting or Finance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced Excellent Microsoft application (Excel)
- SAP experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong attention to detail and efficient time management skills