URGENTLY HIRING MULTIPLE FIELD TECHNICIANS TO MEET THE DEMANDS OF OUR UPCOMING SEASON.
Barbeque Pro Inc. is Ontario’s highest rated service company for all barbeque and gas appliance needs. We specialise in the professional cleaning/restoration, maintenance and repairs of barbeques, gas fireplaces and patio heaters. We also provide services for gas appliance installations and exterior gas line installations. With twenty years of proven success in the industry, Barbeque Pro continues to grow with a customer database of over twenty-five thousand active clients. We pride ourselves on superior workmanship and excellent customer service and as a result, have won the ‘Best of’ awardon HomeStars for the past seven years in a row. Earning ourselves the prestigious title of ‘Best of the Best’ on the same platform for the past two years.
We are currently seeking hard-working, self-motivated Field Technicians to join our outstanding team. This role is unique, exciting and truly rewarding. Barbeque Pro Inc. is a proven industry innovator who values teamwork and those that go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Start from our office or home and travel to assigned work locations, working independently and outdoors.
- Set up equipment at the worksite (work table, tools, cleaning supplies, etc.).
- Clean, install & repair barbeque(s) on-site at customer’s location (both residential and commercial properties).
- Document steps and tasks on the company’s software application (including client notes, pictures, estimates and invoicing).
- Inform and educate customers on barbeque best practices to ensure optimal grilling.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and work site as well as take care of your tools and equipment.
- Work within company policies and procedures.
- Experience using power tools (angle grinder & drill)
- Must be able to travel, have your own vehicle and possess a valid driver’s licence. Travel is required on a daily basis within our service area to each site location (2+ locations per day). Vehicle mileage is provided bi-weekly.
- Must have an Android phone or iPhone (Smart Phone) in order to use our company’s software application.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required duties (ability to lift 25-50lbs on a regular basis)
- ust be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must wear assigned personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing work.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers and staff.
- Gas Licence is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Training, uniforms, equipment and supplies will be provided by the company.
- You will be paid a rate of $18.00 per hour for the duration of your training.
- Once trained, Technicians are paid per job (piece work) and will either work independently or with a trainee to provide additional support for both technicians . We expect a trained technician to service a minimum of three units per day. The average daily pay per trained technician ranges from $165 – $240 (range is based on size of unit serviced).
- Field Technicians have the opportunity to complete more than three units per day and will be supported through training to achieve this goal. Experienced technicians often have the ability to service four (4) units per day and can achieve a daily rate of $260 – $320 per day. Additional units can be added to your day or on weekends when requested (the more you service, the more you make).
- Technicians often receive cash tips from clients for a job well done.
** We are hiring for all locations and have a priority need for Field Technicians living in the west end of the GTA: Oakville, Niagara, Burlington, Mississauga.**
We offer full time seasonal employment (March – December).
This is a full time position, we do not offer part time work.
Salary: $165 – $240 per day (average)
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $165.00-$240.00 per day
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Power Tools: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-17