WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to join our amazing Supply Chain team at our Eastside Facility. This person must be solutions-focused and have great stress management. Our ideal candidate is cost-aware, capable of strategic planning, and can assist in creating new standards and procedures.
Within the FM’s purview is the operation and maintenance of the building, grounds, HVAC systems, boiler, purified water unit, wastewater treatment, compressed air, building power grid, chiller, and IT security systems. The SMU will ensure MOE compliance for any systems that fall within the Facilities department’s domain.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Ensure that all the work performed on the site’s Infrastructure, Equipment, Systems and Building Services are at a level that meets safety, regulatory compliance and/or applicable government guidelines and codes
- Managing and troubleshooting of facilities-related equipment/assets such as Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Boiler and Steam, Air Compressor and Dryer, HVAC, Chillers, Purified Water systems (PWS), Daily Water Testing for Boiler and PWS, Chillers, Fans, Wastewater Treatment, Natural Gas Generators, UPS System, Fire System, BMS (Building Management System), etc.
- Effectively manage the vendor service agreements and the job plan in line with the production requirement
- Ensure that the vendors and contractors are complying with Deciem ‘Avetta’, GMP/QA requirements and HSE policies
- Supervise the facility contractors to ensure the timely completion of assignments across the site and that the work completed, complies with the “Best Maintenance Practices”, HSE, Quality policies, and procedures
- Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and ensure to capture all the ‘GAP’s’ and address them with the help of CMMS/Change Request/SOP, etc.
- Facilitate the FCA (Facility Condition Assessment) and identify the key elements for improving the facilities across the Deciem sites
- Maintaining all sites’ audit readiness and managing external regulatory bodies
- Assist project and engineering teams with project planning and execution. Participate in the development /implementation of key documents (Project Plans, SOPs, Standards) by providing technical recommendations
- Responsible for developing and managing the departmental Financial Management, Prepare the variance report and the justifications
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Formal 5 years apprenticeship program or related technical courses (Community College) OR also preferred, class 3 or 4 Operating Engineering Certificate-TSSA with minimum 04 years of hands-on experience in manufacturing industries, preferable in GMP environment.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and be experienced in conflict resolution
- Technical troubleshooting abilities with respect to the aforementioned systems
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, ESA requirements, industrial safety and EH&S guidelines, familiar with Health Canada/FDA requirements with respect to building utilities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Monthly catered lunches and chances to connect with your teammates.
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3
- Address Toronto