What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. We’ve been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”.
Over the past year, we’ve sold more than one product every second, opened the doors to our 35th store, and welcomed our 1000th employee. With many products in development, a new 70,000 square-foot HQ to call home, and plans for even further retail expansion, we are excited to do even bigger things in 2020.
Ranked one of Linkedln’s Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
What are we looking for?
Deciem is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to oversee repair and maintenance of all buildings and essential systems. This person must be solutions focused and have great stress management. Our ideal candidate is cost aware, capable of strategic planning, and can assisting in creating new standards and procedures. Within the FM’s purview is the operation and maintenance of the building, grounds, HVAC systems, boiler, purified water unit, wastewater treatment, compressed air, building power grid, chiller, and IT security systems. The SMU will ensure MOE compliance for any systems that fall within the Facilities department’s domain.
What would you be doing?
The primary functions associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and controlling building automation systems to ensure the production and office areas are within specified ranges to support operations activities.
- Overseeing repair and maintenance of all building utilities, fire alarms, security, HVAC, and production support systems (compressors, wastewater treatment, purified water, steam and hot water boilers, interceptors, central chiller, server rooms, etc.) coupled with proper logging and documentation of maintenance activities and change controls according to internal operating procedures. Develop frequencies for periodic maintenance as per OEM recommendations.
- Promptly troubleshooting and rectifying alarms or failures associated with any systems or units that fall within Facilities’ responsibility to avoid any out of range conditions or production interruptions.
- Devising emergency response plans or redundancy measures where failure of a system can potentially cause substantial plant downtime.
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or work instructions where gaps are identified in central system operations.
- Structuring a Facilities department to support plant operations on a 24/7 basis; develop processes and systems to ensure continuous operation with minimal down time.
- Managing performance of direct reports, delegating tasks to Facilities staff, tracking progress and verifying completion of maintenance and repairs on critical operations equipment through implementation of an electronic work order system.
- Verifying that all direct reports are up to date with pertinent safety, compliance, and GMP training.
- Managing external contractors within Facilities’ jurisdiction, to appraise quality of work, adherence to safety guidelines, and contracts.
- Seeking out opportunities for energy savings, proposing capital investments for long-term environmentally-friendly solutions to reduce energy consumption. Support energy saving initiatives by installing high efficiency products, implement night setback system, building lighting controls, and VFDs wherever possible. Replace outdated, inefficient systems with high efficiency models.
- Maintaining GMP status of building by instating pest control measures, maintaining good condition of floors, ceilings, and walls through ongoing inspection, repair, and cleaning schedules, as well as overseeing general building cleanliness.
- Collaborating with the equipment maintenance department to align PM tasks and due dates to jointly capitalize on scheduled downtime.
- Conducting ongoing review of operation and maintenance procedures to identify gaps and develop SOPs for new assets that are aligned with environmental health and safety policies. Update or purge obsolete SOPs, upkeep documentation to ‘current’ standards.
- Maintaining all equipment records, documentation, change controls, building HVAC and mechanical drawings, and maintenance records electronically.
- Point of contact for landlord-related matters pertaining to snow removal, maintenance of grounds, etc.
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- 10+ years facilities experience in a GMP environment within the personal care, food, or pharmaceutical sector. Specialized training or certifications in building systems such as HVAC, boilers, building automation systems, or energy management is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor of Science degree.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in work environment requiring the monitoring of boilers, HVAC units, ventilation, air quality in an industrial setting, lighting, electrical power distribution, and automatic control systems.
- Technical troubleshooting abilities with respect to aforementioned systems.
- In depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, ESA requirements, industrial safety and EH&S guidelines, familiar with Health Canada/FDA requirements with respect to building utilities.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, well organized, and detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage people and be experienced in conflict resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and keen problem-solving abilities are must.
- The individual will work in a production department within the manufacturing facility where noise, dust and motorized equipment are present at all times.
- Must work and lead teams within health and safety guidelines and company operating procedures.
- Flexibility is a must.
- Warehouse/Production facility (ies) – Etobicoke, ON
Still interested? …What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus Pay
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Day shift