Date Posted: 11/10/2023
Req ID: 34913
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: ARTSC: Ofc of the Dean
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00055702
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada’s leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
Infrastructure Planning plays an important role in the planning, design and implementation of physical space for departments, centres and institutes within the Faculty. We provide leadership and assistance on a broad range of infrastructure and planning projects and liaise with a variety of university groups that have a role in planning and construction. Infrastructure Planning ensures coordination between the various groups and success of overall project objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Planning, this position supports the Faculty of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office and its shared spaces. This position is responsible for managing all facilities related matters of the Dean’s Office. A number of the administrative offices share spaces that require the management of bookings and access control. These include workspaces,meeting rooms, event spaces, kitchens, and storage areas.
This position will be required to attend to multiple buildings across campus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Probing for information to establish needs
- Acting as the first point of contact for property and facilities issues
- Liaising with facilities or caretaking staff to facilitate resolution of building issues
- Applying established standards to control the distribution of access to designated University spaces
- Conducting routine building inspections
- Providing orientation to others on work procedures and practices
- Paying close attention to occupational safety precautions
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of recent and relevant facilities support experience, including space management, move coordination and facility maintenance, preferably in an academic environment
- Experience with using room booking system.
- Experience with conducting building inspection.
- Experience providing front-line support.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive customer service orientation.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct building inspections and resolve facilities issues, which requires work in a standing position, walking, bending etc.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 11/20/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 – $69,455 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $88,819. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Ann Yang
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.