We are Shoushin! A Japanese sushi bar, served up daily in authentic Edomae-style tradition. We are all about our people, too, and dedicated to looking after them. As part of our team you will get responsibility from the start, to take centre stage as our server.
We are looking for:
Restaurant experience is important to us, but you don’t need to be a sushi expert yet – we will give you training so you can learn more about the traditional world of Japanese sushi. What’s really important is that you have a passion for people – both the individuals in your team, and the people who visit our restaurant. You will take pleasure in making sure all guests receive top-notch, feel-good customer service, from first greeting to a warm see you next time.
Why it’s great to work here?
Being a fine-dining sushi server in our restaurant means:
- using your leadership skills to run a dazzling, vibrant restaurant shift after shift
- working with a warm and cohesive team of individuals with a mix of skills and talents
- enjoying a lively and friendly atmosphere
- getting the chance to develop your serving skills and attend an amazing range of training sessions and skills sessions
- getting your voice heard – we have a flat structure with a free flow of ideas, and we make sure everyone gets their say, from junior team members to the Executive Chef
- the chance to grow, we take peoples careers seriously and like to home grow our talent
- work 2-3 days a week, from 3:30pm until close
To succeed here you’ll need:
- at least 3 years’ experience as a server in fine dining and hospitality or a similar industry
- sushi and sake knowledge including being able to learn and explain the general theme of all our food and drink menus
- technical knowledge including understanding work principles of Open Table, POS system, handling cash, gift cards, and operating telephone, lighting, sound systems, etc.
- smart served certification
- knowledge of sake & wine will be a plus
With us, your first role isn’t usually your last – we promote from within and always look to develop our best and brightest. Will you be one of them? If so, please forward your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
- Serving: 3 years (Required)
- Japanese (will be an asset) (Preferred)
- Address Toronto