La Vecchia Ristorante is currently hiring bartenders for its Etobicoke location. The ideal candidate will have at least four years’ experience in an upscale restaurant. Knowledge of Italian cuisine and wines is preferred. Because we are busy throughout the week, applicants must have flexible availability.
The ideal candidate will be equally adept at dealing with customers in front of them, balancing knowledge of multiple menus, handling a busy service bar, maintaining their station to a high degree of cleanliness.
We will be adhering to new guidelines set out by the Government of Ontario with regards to social distancing, and thus a much closer attention to cleanliness and sanitation will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.20 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Bartending: 4 years (Required)
- serving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested