Date Posted: 10/27/2023
Req ID: 34691
Faculty/Division: Vice-Provost, Students
Department: Ofc of Vice-Provost, Students
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The University of Toronto is consistently ranked as one of the world’s greatest universities, distinguished by an extraordinary depth and breadth of excellence in teaching, research, innovation and entrepreneurship, which drives economic growth and promotes social wellbeing around the globe. One of the world’s largest and most highly regarded centres for advanced education, and one of North America’s largest hubs for lifelong learning, the quality and range of the University’s programs – undergraduate, graduate, and professional – span all disciplines and professions and attract top faculty and students from across Canada and around the world every year. The University of Toronto provides a variety of housing options to students across their three campuses: St George, Mississauga, and Scarborough.
In a newly created role under the general direction of the Vice-Provost Students and the Assistant Vice-President, Spaces and Experiences, the University of Toronto is hiring an Executive Director, Student Housing and Residence Experience (ED) who will lead strategic initiatives to facilitate the planning and management of student residences and housing for the St. George campus. The ED will be responsible for co-creating an overarching governance and decision-making structure to support alignment across U of T residences. Ensuring all residences meet the institution’s high standards and offer equitable and inclusive supports for students will be core to the role.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader with more than ten years of progressively responsible experience in administration and housing policy or operations. With a track record of success, they will have successfully led a team and cultivated productive and lasting relationships with diverse stakeholder groups. A subject matter expert in student housing, the successful candidate will demonstrate deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices. Experience working in education or other similarly complex multi-stakeholder organizations is essential.
Education and Knowledge:
- Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant leadership experience in a university setting.
- Knowledge of and experience in student life, particularly housing and residence operations.
- Successful track record of working in complex multi-stakeholder environments.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, with significant experience in student housing policy and/or operations.
- Experience in student-facing program development and management.
- Experience working with diverse populations; demonstrated professionalism and cultural humility.
- Experience leading and supporting large-scale change initiatives.
- Demonstrated success mentoring and leading staff and working closely with senior executives.
- Experience and knowledge of university policies and procedures and an understanding of the University’s organizational structure, including its governance, an asset.
- High levels of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Experience with use of online database systems an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Teams.
- Ability to communicate a strong leadership vision for Student Housing and residence and inspire and engage in collaboration with a diverse student, faculty, staff, and community constituency.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to convey information in accessible terms to a variety of audiences and to secure and/or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems, and communicate policy decisions.
- Ability to form and maintain healthy, successful relationships with colleagues including skills in mentorship and conflict management.
- Ability to create and sustain a collaborative organizational culture focused on student success.
Applications are encouraged immediately at https://careers.odgersberndtson.com/en-ca/28790.
For more information, please contact Bridget Humeniuk and Julia Robarts of Odgers Berndtson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Toronto embraces Diversity and is building a culture of belonging that increases our capacity to effectively address and serve the interests of our global community. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons, women, persons with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual and gender identities. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential to strengthening our academic mission.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For more information, please see http://uoft.me/UP.
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community and proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic admission.
The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants’ withdisabilities.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 12/08/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: Salaried
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: PM 8 – Hiring Zone: $159,241 – $185,784 – Broadband Salary Range: $159,241 – $265,404 (Open)
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Executive Director, Student Housing and Residence Experience job details loaded
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Canadian Newcomer Jobs
333 Wilson Avenue
North York ON M3H1T2 CA
Phone: +1 (647) 945-5456