Ontario Excavation LTD. is looking for a conscientious, driven and hard working estimator to add to our small team of devoted staff. We are looking for an individual with 3-5 years of experience in the Earth works industry (Excavation, site servicing, etc.) and someone who can fit into our positive and vibrant company culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Improve existing procedures, analyze bids received and recommend acceptance.
- Work in close collaboration with the project managers of the mandates obtained.
- Attend kick-off meetings.
- Maintain lists of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Analyze and interpret plans and specifications.
- Estimate project cost, labor, materials.
- Coordinate the tendering process and analyze the results.
- Prepare fair quotes and send them to potential clients.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Advise and support project managers.
- Maintain a good network of contacts and maintain a directory and documentation
- Monitor projects in call for tenders.
- Perform the calculation of quantities.
- Reading and analysis of plans and specifications.
- Perform data entry and verification.
- Carry out the site visits required in submission.
- Prepare preliminary budgets (unit costs, etc.) of proposed projects.
- Preparation and verification of contracts received from the client.
- Analyze the bids of subcontractors and suppliers, validate the conformity of the offer to the quote.
- Research and identify new or potential projects in submission.
- Ask for prices from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Answer questions during project management regarding bid documents and contracts.
- Prepare for review with Management Team the submission of bids.
- Contact relevant companies and generate new leads/ relationships.
An ideal candidate has/ is:
- Strong proven excavating estimating background or with over 5 years experience.
- Professional training related to excavating/construction.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Excellent management of project administrative requirements.
- Well rounded project leader with laser focus on project profitability.
- Solid business development skills.
- Great understanding of drawings and ability to interpret specifications pertinent to the scope of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, etc.
About Mirage Renovations:
Mirage renovations Inc. is an interior renovations company that specializes in residential apartment building rental units. We pride ourselves on a quick job, done well and at a reasonable price. Years of experience in the rental apartment sector has allowed us to build a highly dedicated and efficient team that is able to tackle jobs of any size. Capital Projects: – Drop Ceiling installation – Corridor painting – Metal door and frame replacements – Finish work after large scale building updates – Garage Painting – Balcony Repairs – Fences Suite turnovers: We can handle all the components of a complete turnover: – Demolition – Plaster & paint – Electrical – Plumbing – Cabinetry – Tub Surrounds – Flooring – Baseboards – Tiles – Tub surrounds – Doors & Frames – Cleaning In-suite/ Odd jobs: We are well- equipped to provide solutions to all your maintenance needs. – Repairing flood damage – Plaster repairs – Door replacement – Painting – Finish work after plumbing repairs – Leaky faucets – Hardware replacement – Boiler room repairs – Fire- rating updates