JOB POSTING #907462
Position: Senior Application Specialist
Department: UHN Digital – Application Support – Ambulatory EMR
Location: Atrium on Bay
Hours: 37.5 hrs. /week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (12 Months)
Overview of Department
UHN Digital is one of the largest public sector health-care information management and information technology (IM/IT) service delivery organizations in Canada. As department of University Health Network (UHN), UHN Digital, is committed to its vision of transforming health-care delivery by improving the patient experience, addressing issues facing coordination of care and enhancing customer service and quality through outstanding project management and operational support.
The Senior Epic Application Specialist, Ambulatory EMR, is an integral member of the Digital Clinical Support Services (DCSS) team. This position works closely with other members of the DCSS team to support identified applications for University Health Network (UHN) including both clinical and business applications. The Sr. Application Specialist, Ambulatory EMR will participate in support activities, system and business analysis, system upgrades and testing. The energy, enthusiasm, and dedication of this individual will allow the Digital Clinical Support Services team to contribute to the successes of the organization.
This is a second level application support position that requires both a technical and business understanding of UHN Digital’s supported applications. This position requires that the candidate be on call, 24/7 on a rotational basis. The Application Support Analyst position entails duties such as but not limited to:
- Day to day support of applications including working with customers, our HIS vendor Epic, and other vendors in troubleshooting and identifying options to resolve issues;
- Application testing of new releases, upgrades, fixes and other product changes;
- Participation in roadmap planning for application upgrades in conjunction with business users and vendors;
- Periodic assignment to Digital projects e.g. Epic Optimization Phase demand items, new application implementation or integration; the candidate will have a primary focus on Dialysis application
- Working with other Digital teams to ensure high service levels are maintained;
- Provide customer service in the form of end user meetings (clinical or business); attend and/or facilitate monthly established end user meetings or ad hoc meetings;
- Work closely with other Digital Application support teams to solve simple to complex production and operational problems for the applications supported by UHN Digital;
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference;
- Exercise ITIL Change Management principles/techniques;
- Participation in organizing and conducting weekly team meetings and huddles;
- Work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) and clinicians to implement the UHN Digital, Technology and Innovation portfolio strategy;
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with the job classification.
- Undergraduate Degree required in Computer Science, Math, Health Informatics or related field or demonstrated mastery of the relevant material.
- Certification in o Epic Ambulatory is required. Other Epic certifications welcome.
- 4-6 years industry experience in 2nd level application support required
- Experience with one or more clinical/business applications in a large healthcare organization required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent Incident and Problem management skills including analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform standard application testing (unit testing), integrated testing, data analysis and/or system analysis
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards and interfaces; or some other recognized industry standard an asset
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner
- Experience with hardware and/or software vendor relations an asset
- Experience working with interfaces an asset
POSTING DATE: October 11, 2022 ENDING DATE: October 24, 2022
Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant, People & Culture AOB Posting #907462
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.