CUPE JOB POSTING #877945
Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES CLEANER II
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Reports To: SUPERVISOR
Scale/Grade: Level 53
Wage Schedule: $23.20-$23.88 per hour
(Start rate: $23.20 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
Hours: 15 HOURS PER WEEK SAT/SUN/STATS 0700-1500
Status: PERMANENT PART-TIME
AREA: PROJECTS / RELIEF
The ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES CLEANER II performs assigned duties in accordance with Housekeeping Department standards of practice, policies and procedures. The principal responsibilities include; picking up and removing recyclables and garbage/waste from central holding areas manually; separating various types of garbage/waste and dumping it into designated bins and/or compactor; preparing bio-hazardous/contaminated waste for pick up and disposal; cleaning and maintaining bins, equipment and general work area; performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- 6 months to less than 1 year practical and related experience and/or 3 months to less than 6months on the job training
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.)
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including lifting 21 kg to 30 kg
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to understand verbal work orders and/or instructions
- Ability to understand material such as short notes, brief forms and/or instructions.
- Compliance with Body Substance Precautions provisions.
- Compliance with sanitary, sterilization and infection control requirements.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: June 03, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.