The Environmental Aide under the direction of the Lead Hand and Environmental Services Supervisor cleans and removes waste in patient rooms, isolation rooms, offices and public hospital areas. In this role, the Environmental Aide cleans non clinical eq uipment and uses electrically powered scrubbing and polishing floor finishing machines as well as ride on equipment to ensure the hospital achieves a high level of cleanliness in promotion of patient safety.
- Grade 12.
- 1 year of recent relevant experience (within the last 3 years) in a similar role required (Healthcare Environment preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (Written and Oral) English fluency required.
- Must be successful in the c ompletion of all mandatory testing for this position with a minimum score of 50% required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of this role with a tolerance for continuous walking, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, lifting required.
- Able to operate heavy equipment including all housekeeping equipment required.
- Able to lift 20kg repetitively required.
- Ability to work at high altitudes including scaffolding and ladders required.
- Ability to clean all areas of the hospital i ncluding terminal cleaning of isolated areas required.
- Ability to tolerate frequent contact with water and cleaning disinfectants required.
- Able to collect soiled linen, refuse and clean bodily fluids as required.
- Demonstrated focus on providin g an excellent customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of technology (such as Vocera and Bed Tracking Software) to respond to client requests.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency required, familiar with the daily use of email and the ability to complete iLearn education modules as required.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to engage positively as part of a team; as well as function well independently.
- Demonstrated embodiment of MGH Core Values; Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability required.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staf f safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- Address Toronto