The Engineering & Process Improvement Student will assist in the new process development and process optimization activities which affect supply chain operations. The successful candidate will have a curious mind, enjoy solving problems, a keen sense for detail and an intensity towards accuracy. This candidate must be able to work independently.
4 Month or 8 Month Co-op
- Assist Supply Chain / Operations Services teams with process improvement activities and new process / product introductions.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Process mapping and flowcharting existing and proposed processes for Order Management, support processes, and master data management.
- Assist staff with various Black Belt / Process Excellence initiatives through the application of statistical tools.
- Play a project support role on a major IT investment initiative in the Supply Chain area.
- Assist Associates, Supervisors and Planners with various activities or projects.
- Preparation and presentation of project status reports for management.
- 2nd year engineering student at minimum, Major in Engineering preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of transportation and other logistics disciplines is a benefit.
- Prior work experience is a plus.
NLS welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. NLS is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact HR to discuss your needs.