If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
- Assembles and tests electric motor and generator stators, armatures, or rotors:
- Inspects cores for defects and aligns laminations as required
- Tests windings for motor-housing clearance, grounds, and short circuits, using clearance gauge, growler, surge testers, meters, meggers, core loss testers, resistance bridges and other relevant related equipment.
- Able to dismantle and assess mechanical condition of motor visually as well as using mechanical measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, feeler gauges, etc.
- Complete tasks in an orderly, professional and efficient manner
- Ensure quality standards are met or exceeded
- Complete all documentation in a clear, neat and concise manner
- Interact with customers and fellow workers to insure all service standards are met or exceeded
- To be able to go on site to diagnose or repair customer equipment as required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum grade 12 education (or equivalent) preferred with good communication skills in English and strong mathematic and writing skills
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience
- Able to work with or without supervision and able to make decisions on his/her own
- Mechanically inclined with a good understanding of industrial process and application
- Must be able to work and interact with others in a fair and friendly environment
- A valid driver’s license with a clean record
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.16-$39.07 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M4A 1X4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- relevant: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person