Position Title: eCommerce Transportation Manager
Requisition ID: 8921
Career Group (ADSP): Administrative
Division: Qc – Stratégie Num. / Commerce en ligne (80069071)
Department: Marketing and e-Commerce
Position Location: METRO ON – 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)
Position Type: Permanent
- The Transportation Quality Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the optimization of material and financial resources to ensure the quality of the online grocery service in Ontario. They will ensure that all delivery standards are respected while managing the budget guidelines.
- Travel required throughout the GTA.
- Manage Ontario eCommerce Fleet in the execution of final mile grocery delivery
- Manage and work with Quality Supervisor to ensure ultilization of all eComm trucks (efficiency,availability and managing associated costs).
- Manage and work with Quality Supervisor ensuring all documentation is up to date relevant to the vehicles such as ownerships, plates, insurance documentation, expiry date, permits, licensing, ARI Cards
- Manage all emergency situations that arise with stores and Ecomm Transport Coordinators
- Manage immediate documented investigation with the contract carrier for all customer and delivery issues.
- Real time resolutions of in-transit accident issues affecting equipment and ensuring Metro Ontario Risk involvement when required
- Manage any accident situations that arise involving property damage, damage to our trucks or other vehicles
- Manage all department costs and any additional expenses are all within budget.
- Establish and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess departmental effectiveness.
- Work closely with e.com teams in-store to ensure a smooth and optimal operation and achievement of performance requirements.
- Controls the operating expenses, performance and quality of service provided by transportation partners.
- Actively participate in the budget process and improvement projects that directly or indirectly affect its service.
- Identify opportunities to improve workflow processes and implements changes to deliver expected results.
- Takes a leadership role in helping decision makers make choices about Ecomm Transport.
- Bachelor degree in a related field, Transport Logistics, Administration, management
- Handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- 5-8 years working with final mile delivery
- Knowledge and experience with managing CVOR regulations
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) an asset