The Merchandising Manager will be accountable for helping define and executing the overall online merchandising strategy for Metro.ca. They will be focused on driving key KPIs focused around sales, conversion goals, basket size, assortment and margins. The Manager will work collaboratively with various cross functional teams such as store marketing teams, merchandising teams and the broader eCommerce team to manage assortment, pricing and inventory, multi-category strategies, site content and the promotional calendar.
- Work with Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain teams to identify online merchandising opportunities
- Build and implement category strategies (i.e. fresh, frozen, grocery) in support of the overall online merchandising strategy
- Ensure that all products are accurately reflected online to optimize the customer experience
- Develop and execute a robust 52-week online promotional program in all categories to drive conversion and impulse purchases
- Define the optimal online assortment and develop exclusive product extensions.
- Work closely with store category managers and the private label team to highlight key private label categories/products online to maximize sales and margins.
- Work with forecasting and replenishment team on category budgets and forecasts
- Conduct post-mortem analysis to inform future buying decisions
- Communicate and report eCommerce category performance and financial results
- Utilize market research (including category, competitor and customer information) to create the e-commerce assortment strategy to deliver the e-commerce P&L
- Develop a go-to-market strategy based on strategic plans by category
- Integrate consumer data (dunnhumby, PowerBI, Customer intelligence, Nielsen, etc.) into merchandising decision making
- Minimum 5 years of experience in eCommerce or retailer merchandising / category management
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, marketing, management, eCommerce or other relevant specialization
- Knowledge of the product group and the online grocery competitive environment
- Strong analytical skills, specifically with online measurement tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Power BI)
- Ability to organize multiple tasks well and complete them on time with a clear focus on quantitative results
- Solid understanding of retail and Ecommerce metrics, merchandise planning and financial planning/budgeting experience using Google Analytics, SAP & Adobe Analytics
- Be comfortable presenting content to external partners
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to influence key decision makers
- Willingness to work cross functionally
- Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of Nielsen is an asset
- Software mastery of the MS Office suite
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.