Position Title: Drop-In Coordinator
Department: Community Development & Food Security
Location: 40 Teesdale Place, Scarborough, ON
Warden Woods Community Center
Warden Woods is non profit charitable organization that has been in operation for over 50 years, with a mission to build caring, compassionate, just, and interdependent communities in southwest Scarborough. We envision our agency to be a place where everyone belongs, everybody is somebody, everybody is challenged to be a part of the solution, we grow and help one another grow, consultation and communication are norms, not exceptions, together we can build and share in a better tomorrow.
Reporting to the Manager Community Development & Food Security, the Drop-In Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the provision of appropriate services for those who are homeless and/or at risk of homelessness. In this role you will help enhance the quality of life and personal wellness of participants at the Teesdale Drop-in program.
· Support participants of the drop-in Centre by linking them with appropriate community support agencies
· Coordinate the Hot Lunch Drop-in Program, including purchasing food, monitoring of tokens and related supplies
· Liaise with the housing support team to provide housing referrals including, contacting landlords, completing housing applications, and liaising with the WWCC housing support team to provide additional housing information and assistance
· Coordinate and oversee social activities for the program including special events, lunch and learns, etc.
· Provide support to program volunteers
· Build and maintain relationships with community partners including Toronto Drop-In Network, Toronto Shelter Network, etc.
· Coordinate the Fresh Produce Market program logistics Participate in community outreach as it relates to the program mandate
· Responsible for the accurate and timely inputting of program statistics into CIMS database
· Responsible for an accurate account of program related expenses by providing reports for the use of petty cash, food and TTC token purchases
· Represent WWCC through networking relationships with community partners relevant to homeless populations, nutrition, housing, mental health, and other services as required for the program
· Attend meetings and participates in agency-wide fundraising and community outreach initiatives
· Post secondary education in community services or social work
· 1 to 3 years experience in a non-profit, community development, drop in Centre
· Ability to handle cash and manage program budgets
· Competent communication skills – oral and written English
· Knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft office applications, including Office 365 (Teams)
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to work in diverse environments within an Inclusive and a client-centered framework
· Availability to work evenings and weekends as required by community needs
Compensation and Hours of Work:
· $40,000 per annum
· Shift Hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday
WWCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage applications from BIPOC people, 2SLGBTQIA+ community members, people with disabilities, and members of other equity-deserving groups. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Warden Woods Community Centre is a unionized workplace and employees are represented by CUPE Local 5218; this is a bargaining unit position.
A criminal background check is required prior to commencing.
In your cover letter, please ensure that you explain why you would like to work at Warden Woods Community Centre and why you are qualified for the position as tied to the responsibilities listed above. Please send resume and cover letter via e-mail only with the subject heading: Drop-In Coordinator in the subject line, no later than May 15th, 2023.
While we thank all who apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1L 1L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Non Profit/ Community Development/ Drop In Centre: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15
Expected start date: 2023-06-01