WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Director of Online Technology will support the development and execution of the technology required to fulfill Deciem’s Online strategy. This will be a highly collaborative role, working in partnership with multiple stakeholders, including Brand, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce Operations, Customer Happiness, Finance, Retail and Product Management. Together with product development teams and business leaders, the ideal candidate will assist in maintaining and developing technology that will optimize Deciem’s digital and sales strategies. The ideal candidate will require excellent technical and analytical skills with a customer-focused mindset and ability to work cross-functionally to meet business objectives.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Toronto office.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
Online Strategy & Metrics
- Understand and implement, jointly with leadership, DECIEMs digital and online growth strategy in order to enhance our online presence
- Partner with Product Management to define a multi-year vision, strategy and technical product roadmap and backlog to support the continued growth of online
- Continuously work to improve online journey for consumers by improving existing metrics and track data (i.e. conversion metrics, sales KPI, refund analytics etc.)
- Determine the best tools and short-term and long-term technology platform technology in order to achieve the most optimal consumer experience
- Seek and evaluate emerging technologies and educate business stakeholders on the potential for new technology to enable business innovation, efficiency, and competitive advantage
- Advise leadership in the identification of technology partnerships, driving “buy vs build” evaluations and leveraging external resources as required
- Develop pipelines that can load online data and translate into an information source and product for decision making purposes
- Work with Sr. Director, Solutions Architecture & Technology and Sr. Director Finance to ensure all integrations and systems are compliant with SOX
Digital Product Optimization
- Lead and initiate technological strategy to support digital products in partnership with key stakeholders ensuring timelines and deliverables are met
- Work closely with product management team to enable growth across digital channels, platforms and sites while driving good application design, scalability, development velocity, predictability and quality
- Execute on digital strategy to reach key objectives through management of new and existing digital marketing campaigns and programs
- Provide expert technological insight related to consumer-focused initiatives such as loyalty programs, management of new or existing web pages/sites etc.
- Design and implement technology that can drive consumer-focused initiatives through collaboration and insights from product teams
- Provide analytical and organizational support, consultation and expert advisory on any digital technology initiatives, acting as main point of contact to support between key stakeholders
- Evaluate current architectures, identifying potential inefficiencies and ensuring all non-functional requirements (e.g. cost, performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, compliance, disaster recovery etc.) are properly articulated, delivered and well documented
- Monitor and evaluate any opportunities in order to provide technical expertise and resolutions to business stakeholders in order to improve online performance
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Experience with shaping business and technology strategy, Online platforms and site management to drive analytics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
- Expert consulting experience to provide technical knowledge and expertise for resolving consumer and business opportunities
- Strategic thinker, with extensive ability to operationalize, leveraging excellence in time management, demonstrate ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines in an unstructured environment
- Relevant education in Digital Product Technology, Computer Science, Software Development, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience is an asset
- Experience with Online platforms, Salesforce, Azure and ERP systems is an asset
- Focus on DevOps and experience with Agile methodologies an asset
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks per year.
- A hybrid work model (for applicable roles).
- Summer Friday’s – get off at 1pm all summer long! (for applicable roles).
- A dog-friendly office (and lots of cute dogs to play with).
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3