University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Director, Human Resources – Corporate Portfolio
With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a vision of achieving global impact through exemplary patient care, research and education, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together some of the world’s top medical, research and clinical specialists. The University Health Network, frequently ranked among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, represents the coming together of shared values and diverse expertise in patient care, research and education. Each of our facilities – Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab and The Michener Institute of Education at UHN – makes a unique contribution to the whole. Together, we create something far greater than the sum of our parts. UHN is a caring, creative place where there are many opportunities to work alongside some of the brightest minds anywhere.
The Director, Human Resources functions in a leadership capacity and through their team is responsible for ensuring the delivery of Human Resources services to Corporate Portfolio. An innovative and collaborative Human Resources professional, you will play a key role in a complex and stimulating environment.
- Design and implement Human Resources strategies and programs involving employee and labour relations, performance/change management, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and resource planning.
- Working with a team of Human Resource professionals to provide analysis, advice and implementation support.
- Identify leading practice human resource opportunities, resolve human resource issues, facilitate HR initiatives and ensure consistent administration of the policies and procedures as they apply to portfolio
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively complex human resources generalist experience, including a minimum of 5+ years of management experience leading direct reports and assessing / strategically planning human resource services.
- Successful and effective implementation and management of Human Resources programs and services.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present at the senior level
- Strong influencing skills that can build credibility with clients based on your knowledge and collaborative style
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; self-motivated, can prioritize well and work comfortably and effectively with multiple deadlines and periods of intense activity
- Strategic yet pragmatic and can easily move between strategy and tactical execution in order to drive results and meet priorities
- Ability to mentor and develop others
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.