If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Reporting to the Supervisor Engineering & Estimation the role will be responsible for performing day-to-day design tasks related to construction and APCI service offerings with a close view on safety, productivity, and efficiency. Creates and reviews distribution designs and technical aspects of construction projects. Ensure constructability of designs beforehand. Assist in cost estimation efforts for customer quotes, tenders and bids.
- Create detailed Electrical and Civil designs of overhead and underground systems for local utility construction projects per applicable standards
- Review engineering designs and technical drawings
- Prepare both budgetary and detailed cost estimates, including labour, material and equipment.
- Perform voltage drop calculations, cable pulling calculations, transformer and feeder loading checks and other analysis as required.
- Review construction in the field to ensure compliance with designs
- Review unit pricing projects to maximize project revenue
- Work with third parties to design make ready work and to facilitate the transfer of joint use attachments.
- Work with Legal to obtain easements and other access agreements.
- Field verification of existing site/electrical plant conditions.
- Prepare cost estimates, bills of material, work orders.
- Develop and review cost estimation templates, maintain cost database
- Co-ordinate work with stakeholders (customers, utilities, property managers, and internal groups)
- Respond to escalated customer complaints to ensure all concerns are addressed
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthy manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- At least 1 year of experience in the electrical utility industry
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Technologist diploma, Construction Management or alike, including CET designation
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Experience in engineering design of electrical power systems
- Experience with construction management and project management
- Experience estimating project costs and planning projects
- Knowledge of OESC, OHSA, Reg 22.04 and safe work practices for High Voltage projects
- Ability to communicate with customers, field staff, reporting staff, co-workers and managers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Microstation/AutoCAD (latest version)
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l Team Oriented Environment l Competitive compensation l Performance-Based Bonuses l Paid Training Program l Group Benefits Plan l Promote-from-within Policy l Vacation Policy l State-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools l Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology l