Do you love keeping things tidy and organized? Are you looking for a dynamic work environment where you can roll up your sleeves and make a difference? Then this role may be right for you!
The Housekeeping and Maintenance Assistant will assist with the day-to-day operational activities of the Centre which includes maintaining a safe (e.g., COVID-19 related mitigation measures), clean, and organized environment for our clients. The Housekeeping and Maintenance Assistant will support our Centre with the following responsibilities:
· Implement COVID-19 related mitigation measures (e.g., screenings, disinfecting, room tracking)
· Ensure that the Centre’s reception area, common areas, eating areas, and restrooms are clean, tidy and organized throughout the day;
· Perform light cleaning duties including wiping down tables, counters, chairs; washing and organizing toys, consolidating waste for pick-up;
· Check, maintain, and stock supplies for the Centre including cleaning and stationary supplies;
· Provide staff and clients with needed supplies and materials;
· Report any faulty damages to the Office Manager or her designate, maintain a list of repairs and contact Contractors as needed;
· Support a safe workplace by organizing First Aid & CPR meetings; conducting monthly fire drills; ensuring items from Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings are addressed in a timely manner;
· Complete organizational projects
· Organize arts and crafts activities
· Monitor and maintain the Lost and Found Bin, communicating with parents on a regular basis (at least once a month).
· Other maintenance, cleaning and organizational duties duties as assigned.
Requirements for the role include the following abilities and proficiencies
· Able to self-start and work autonomously
· Able to perform light cleaning duties
· Able to be resourceful in sourcing and purchasing supplies for the Centre
· Proficiency with Apple/Mac products
· Proven time-management and organization skills
· Willing to learn and accept feedback
· Customer-focused with a friendly and patient manner
· Comfortable being around children
Interested? Please send your résumé, along with a cover letter, referencing code “BTA–DC-2021” in the subject line of the email. The deadline to apply is December 5, 2020.
Breakthrough Autism is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates; accommodations are available upon request. Thanks in advance to everyone who applies for this position. Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Vulnerable Sector Screen.
Reference ID: BTA-DC-2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday