Reporting to the Manager, Data Systems, the Database Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions, crafting and executing queries up request for data and presenting information through reports and visualization.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and automate data flows
- Maintain and support data workflows
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing Data systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Data Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) framework
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative and collaborative
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field an asset
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.