From corrugated packaging, paper bags, retail displays, pre-print, supply and inventory management, paper mills and recycling, Atlantic is strategically positioned to provide customers with a total packaging solution.
The Data Analyst is an integral team member of Atlantic’s Technical Services Group responsible for designing modelling /analysis services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhance business processes.
This role will join a growing team and assist in building, deploying, and maintaining data support tools, metadata inventories, and definitions for database file/table creation.
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (currently hybrid)
- Devise, develop, and deploy required data queries in response to business user needs.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best-practice use of data management tools.
- Identify research questions, problem solve using data analysis, and communicate the results to various stakeholders.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources and generating reports from multiple systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data management applications with existing systems.
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data analysis services across the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data models.
- Create data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Monitor data management system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Statistics, or related major.
- 5+ years’ experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data platform architecture, data modeling, database optimization, data management practices and processes.
- Experience in data governance and data lake architecture
- Experience with data governance tools, ingestion and extraction frameworks, data security, etc.
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Data warehousing experience.
- Experience in ELT and ETL data processing.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Well versed in programming languages like SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, Java, VBA and Excel.
- Proficient in database systems of SQL and NoSQL.
- Ability to work with data analytics and visualization tools such as PowerBI, Domo and Tableau
- Ability to work with stakeholders and to assess potential risks.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset.
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca