VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Everform, a division of VPC Group Inc., is looking for Fabrication Cutter in Scarborough, ON to support its quality foam products.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and advance in a manufacturing environment!
BENEFIT: Other than company benefits VPC is offering Employee Staying Bonus of $1750 for your 1st year of continuous service.
– Must be comfortable with cutting equipment (vertical, pattern and angle saws)
– Able to push/pull 50 lbs.
– Attention to detail
– Capable of interpreting drawings to define dimensions for parts
– Comfortable with reading angles and measuring lengths in the imperial and metric system
– Capable of optimization and to interpret lengths, area, volumes, patterns and to define dimensions for the parts
– Capable of determining information/ measurements given physical samples of patterned parts
– Able to do repetitive work and willing to learn/ adaptable
Training will happen on day shift but must be flexible to work shift work, when trained potential to move to afternoon shift.
The company is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
The company thanks all those who apply but only those whose background closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- cutting equipment (wood, plastic, foam etc): 2 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place