Site: The Michener Institute
Salary: $15.00 hourly
Hours: Up to 14 hours weekly (flexible)
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to the vision of teaching and learning for a healthier world. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Customer Service Representative position with The Michener Institute.
The Michener Institute is looking to recruit a student to act as Customer Service Representative to provide needed support to the Centre for the Advancement of Simulation and Education (CASE) . There is an opportunity to develop skills in health care simulation operations, including high-fidelity manikin programming and audio-visual expertise. The contract has the possibility for renewal for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Assist with late afternoon/early evening AND early morning preparation, set-up and take-downs for Michener and external simulation courses and events
- Heavy lifting and moving for set-ups and other maintenance, as required
- Organizing storage areas
- Provide videotaping technical support
- Provide simulation operations support, including manikin and A/V setup and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
- Michener Student
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Technical and computer skills an asset
- Living in Residence or
- Enthusiasm, willingness to work hard, commitment and positive team player.
Deadline for applications is August 12, 2020
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter.
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.