Position: Customer Service Representative
Department: Altum Health
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Site Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $20.86 to $26.08 (Commensurate with experience and consistent with the UHN compensation policy)
Status: Permanent Full-time
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton, Oshawa and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
We believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in performance and outcomes measurement, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE for our Clinic Team at our Toronto site. The Clinic Team is primarily responsible for facilitating a high volume of client visits for Altum Health’s largest site on a daily basis. This role requires a personable, organized, and detail-oriented individual who can demonstrate quality experience and/or skills in a front-facing administrative role within a medical clinic environment. The successful candidate can manage competing priorities and work under pressure in a busy work environment while observing timelines and keeping errors to a minimum wherever possible. As a first-point of contact for clients, it is also necessary that this individual is able to readily assist and professionally speak and empathize with a diverse population of clientele. Information tracking and monitoring as well as following-up with clients is an essential part of the role and is required for the team operation. The role involves understanding and anticipating required steps and procedures as well as problem-solving effectively to resolve situations and challenges, escalating as needed. This role also includes routine and fluid coordination with other Customer Service Representative teams as well as clinicians.
The principal responsibilities include:
- Performing customer service responsibilities
- Assisting with client and product specific coordination and administration responsibilities to ensure individual product lines are operating in an efficient and effective manner
- Providing clerical support services
- Performing other duties consistent with the job classification as required
- Responsible for diagnostic imaging bookings for WSIB patients across all sites
- Completion of High School education required
- Completion of Office Administration certificate or diploma preferred
- One (1) year or more of related experience required
- Previous on-the-job word processing and spreadsheet experience required; experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment an asset
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve clinic/client/customer problems in a diplomatic manner required
- General knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures required
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult clients and conflicting situations required
- Ability to anticipate and tune-in to customer’s unique needs required
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Flexibility required to keep pace with an ever-changing environment
- Standard First/Aid Basic Rescuer Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) certification an asset
- Knowledge of diagnostic imaging
- A keen eye for detailed and standardised improvements
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
POSTED DATE: Aug 12, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.