Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
Responsibilities of a Curtain Wall Estimator
- Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
- Preparing takeoffs/estimates for assigned jobs
- Liaison with building owners and consultants
- Preparing and following-up on quotations and tenders
- Ordering Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Agreements to Bonds, Tender deposits, Letters of Reference, CCDC Documents
- Reviewing all contracts and accepted quotations
- Writing up work orders
- Assisting Production or Service with preparing prices for extras or credits
Qualifications of a Glazing Estimator
- 5 years work experience in a Glazing/Curtain Wall Estimating position (commercial type projects).
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Estimating Certificate, education in a related field or equivalent work experience
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong blueprint reading skills and firm understanding of contract documents
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experienced in using computer programs specific to this role (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Experience using Bluebeam is considered an asset
- Professional, motivated to learn and a career-minded individual
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com